G’day mate. How are you doing? Today, I am going to talk about how we could be more creative during the time of self-isolation. How do you reckon? For me, I’ve got five 1s I want to suggest. Let me explain.
- Read less social media and newsfeed
- You should put a secret pin code into your head to lock the service, and indeed this is an excellent deterrent.
- Checking social media all the time kills your sense of creativity unless the use of these services are indispensable to boosting the profitability of your daily work.
- Disconnect your internet for two hours a day
- Many people might be haunted by the necessity of the sense of connection the internet can provide. Many of you can’t imagine no internet for a week or even a few days. Can’t survive? Just try to disable the connection for two hours as if you are reenergising your physical and mental strengths.
- You can more appreciate the fact that you are connected with so many people in an instantaneous manner.
- There’s lot to be gained by not writing, but thinking
- Try to fantasise or ponder a piece of work that you’ve done that presumably doesn’t work or hasn’t worked before.
- If you’re not sure where to start, just think about how to describe your living room as Ernest Hemingway would describe it, for instance.
- During the Socrates era, there was no written discourse. You have to be engaged in dialogue with others to define what you wanna say, which is a piece of splendid discipline for today’s English learners.
- Having a chat with your like-minded friends unexpectedly unlocks something
- Keep it all nice and simple. Relax! You have enough time to be productive during the day. You need to have some time for chatting with your mates via Skype, Zoom or Slack, etc. This is one of the excellent mental therapies!
- Having a chat sometimes unexpectedly unlocks something to do with creative ideas. Don’t be just alienated from others. During lockdown, you can still communicate with others in the light of today’s technology.
- Don’t put too much pressure yourself to complete a huge project
- Give yourself a couple minutes to sit and meditate in the morning before kickstarting your day!
- Nothing’s gonna become perfect. I’m finding real pleasure in pushing the boundaries of my writing blogs without excesspectation of gaining a multi-million PV. ‘Whatever will be will be’.
Thanks for reading today!
Have a great Monday!